Thursday, January 24, 2008

Introduction - MCOM 63

My name is Scott and you already know me from last semester's journalism 61 class. What I want to get out of this class (MCOM 63) would be to learn all the basic skills of web page design, podcasting, RSS, and others. I also want to fine tune my Adobe skills. I am already familiar with using Adobe programs because in high school I took these classes called desktop publishing for two years.

I am a journalism major and an aspiring video games journalist. Most of the big video game editorial companies are online so online would be the media I am most interested in. By not confining myself to one skill over learning multiple skills, I will be a better candidate for a job when it comes down to a company hiring me over someone else.

2 comments:

camccune said...

Welcome back! Your desktop publishing experience should serve you well in this class, and we'll work on adding more web and podcasting skills to the mix. I'm sure you'll be able to incorporate your interest in video games into some of your projects for this class.

camccune said...

P.S. Thumbs up on your pic! I like it.