Super Bowl ads are another check mark on the list of things that America does in excess that just piss off anyone living in a different country. I mean am I right? Advertisers throw millions of dollars out the window to get one 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl. No wonder our economy might go into a recession. Any who, Super Bowl ads usually tend to be funny for the sake of being funny or controversial for the sake of being controversial.
This year’s theme from my viewing experience was the wild and crazy animals. Some funny ones to note were the Bridgestone Tire commercials. Basically the commercials demonstrated the maneuverability of a car using their tires while avoiding a boat load of animals with a crazy screaming expression thinking they are about to become road kill.
Another animal commercial was the FedEx commercial where an entrepreneurial employee solves the company shipping problems by using pidgins. The employee’s boss asks him how they will ship large products and then giant pidgins the size of Mac trucks come on screen. These giant pidgins hauling crates start dropping the crates midair on people in the street causing havoc.
The last worthy commercial to note on the animal theme was a SoBe commercial. One of the most random damn things I have ever seen occurred in this commercial. I super model holding their new drink product walks onto a stage followed by a CGI lizard. Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” starts to play and a bunch of CGI lizards start dancing in unison. Hilarity ensues.
In the end, I found all the animal commercials to be funny. But let’s be fair, it is kind of a cop out. Animals doing not so uh.. “animal” things are always hilarious. The rest of the commercials like always, are just like any other and I forget about them and just focus on the programming I tune in for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good post.
Good theme, nice conversational tone. But you need to double-check the spelling of "pidgins" 'cause I can tell you that's not it.
Post a Comment