Saturday, May 17, 2008

Reflective Blog Post #3 - Assessing the Project

Well the project is done and I presented it to the class yesterday. Overall, the project went well with a few hiccups that I alluded to in my second reflective blog post, mainly the flickr and wordpress issue. I eventually figured out that wordpress took out iframe and other embedding tools for security issues, so flickr was no mas. I resolved the issue by just posting the flickr slideshow in blogger, which worked first try, and linked it on my wordpress multimedia project web page. I learned how to use flickr a lot. I don't own a digital camera so I really never had to bother learning a website to upload photos on. I also just learned some new html code from searching for hours on how to embed a flickr slideshow in a web page or blog. I don't think I unlearned anything.
The project did turn out as a I expected, although I did plan on putting in videos but I would of had to edit them on crappy windows media player and upload to youtube. You told me the videos had to be made by me, but.... a lot of the videos from other people's project were just ripped off youtube from someone else. I thought we couldn't do that because we didn't "make it."
I enjoyed making the photoshopped headers for each of the top 5 games and I also enjoyed listening to old tunes from these games that I have such love for to upload on podomatic. Nothing I like least, have to think positive! I was best at html coding after so much research...
I would recommend other students to do this project because it puts together every thing you learned in the semester together in cohesion.

1 comment:

camccune said...

You got really good at Photoshop this semester -- I like your headers!

It's amazing how many other things you figure out how to do while trying to figure out how to do something like embed a Flickr slideshow. I'm glad you're picking up on some html too -- you'll find that will continue to come in handy.

Regarding other people's use of videos in their final projects: A video only counts toward your grade for your final project if it's one you created. Otherwise, I just look at them the same way as I do blogrolls and links lists. It's good to include links to related blogs, Websites and videos, but it doesn't replace making your own video or slideshow for this final project.