One of the most self-satisfying or demeaning things a person can do is take a self-test. They can either make you feel really good about yourself or pretty terrible. The self-test, "Got what it takes to be a reporter," entails whether or not you are fit or unfit to be a reporter. After breezing through the self-test I scored a twenty two. Now according to the scoring system, journalism is a good fit for me, but I may need to change my attitude or improve some skills. After I thought about what that meant, I realized this self-test is too much of a generalization of what a journalist does.
Not all journalists are working in the news room for a particular city's paper or writing for the White House. There are also enthusiast journalists such as critics. For example, I want to be a video game journalist, particularly an editor for writing reviews like a movie critic. This self-test only covered the news side of journalism and not the creative editorial side deeming it flawed.
Mr. Freeze: What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age! - Batman and Robin (1997)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, some things apply more than others. But good writing skills are important, either way.
Post a Comment